Thread: Anime Lovers 2
View Single Post
(#108 (permalink))
Old
FlowersFall (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-21-2012, 12:35 AM

Has anyone seen the anime called "Revolutionary Girl Utena"?
Its a classic anime, but worth the watch. It is confusing towards the end though.

I love this anime so much, and its such a pity that its not well known. It really will just blast your mind.

I wanna tell ya'll bout it, k? ^^

Its about a girl named Utena, and after her parents died she was consoled by a prince who gave her a ring with a rose crest on it. Utena was so impressed by the prince that she vowed to become one herself one day, which is why she dresses in a boys uniform at her school. She goes to a school called Ohtori Academy, where just about everything takes place in the anime.

Well, after Utena's friend is insulted by a member of the Student Council, Utena fights in a duel (swords not cards ) for her friends honor. Utena's rose crest ring allows her to enter the dueling arena where Utena wins the duel and becomes engaged to the Rose Bride. The Rose Bride is a girl named Anthy Himemiya. The current champion ("owner" of the Rose Bride) is constantly challenged for the right to possess the Rose Bride, because its said that Himemiya is thought to be the key to a coming revolution.

There are 39 episodes, and like I said before, its totally worth it. ^_^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!