View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Rini_xX (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Question I understand but... - 02-20-2012, 03:20 AM

I understand there are rules and that you didn't have a great experiance with not limiting people but micromanaging things is a little extreme and honestly I would feel like my creativity is being squished and 'judged' (I'm using that term loosely.) in a way. I never claimed to be an expert at RPing, heck I still have a long way to go, so please don't put words in my mouth. However I never said anything untrue about how much I've rped. Also I do belive you should not judge a persons rping skills before you see them. I am also a writer (you can look me up here on tdp) and I'll also include a sample of my rping on here.

In all honesty I wasn't ever going to reply on this rp section again. Not because I didn't have anything else to say but because I saw it useless to say. However after someone already addressed the issue (with mostly the same points might I add) I see no reason for you to post again. However I guess it's common psychology that one would be defensive if someone 'attacked' like I did. So I guess I won't blame you for that. However I never 'attacked' in an aggressive manner, only questioned. If it came off that way I'm sorry.

I also get the concept of catagories. (Rping we use them all the time) I just didn't understand if you were using genere or catagories. However even with catagories there can still be thousands of different plots.

Ex. Catagories- fantasy and urban fantasy. Did you know that there are many different types of fantasy? Here is a website that explains them extreamly well. Types of Fantasy

In fact even with these there are a ton of different plots. LOOK AT BOOKS FOR EXAMPLE. There are tons of different books over same categories yet they have different plots. Shocking yes I know, but it's true.

So again why limit these creative plots? What would happen if there is this fantastic (mind blowing) rp that wants to be posted yet all the spots in that category are filled and they don't fit in any others? What do you tell them then? "Sorry but you can't rp because we only allow 3 at a time." or will you let them post and make an exception to the rules?

Also you are a mod, I may not know what your guys view of cursing is on this fourm but if it is frowned apon please don't waste those words on me and make yourself a bad role model. I don't want you to look like a bad person when you aren't.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!