View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-16-2012, 07:51 AM

I don't wish to appear condescending, but at sixteen the feelings you have may be very intense, but it's not the be all and end all of existance. Yes, it is possible for two sixteen year olds to fall in love and stay together forever but it's rare. The reason for that is that you will grow older and change and become a different person to the one you were at sixteen.

I would suggest not hanging around this girl so much; doing so, when she doesn't return your feelings is just rubbing salt in the wound. Yes, you can stay friends, but go out with other friends more and try to find other interests that don't include her. That way you can get thru your feelings and they eventually will fade. I'm not saying ignore her completely or cut her out of your life, just to try not to depend on her solely for companionship.

Also, a lot of teenage girls experiment with their sexuality so there's no sense in labelling yourself just yet. I knew a girl in college who'd had a fling with another girl in secondary but who settled down with a guy. You won't know for certain who you really are til you're much older so don't dwell on it; just concentrate on living your life.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!