View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-16-2012, 02:34 AM

You're gonna think I'm an awful, heartless person who has no idea how the pain of rejection works for saying this, but, I think the best thing you can do, is stop dwelling on it. It's like picking the scabs off of wounds: you'll keep bleeding until you leave yourself alone. (That was entirely a metaphor, but the by). it's really good to hear that the two of you are still close friends, but if you let those "What ifs?" linger, you'll never truly be at ease around each other. I know you don't want to hear me say "just move on" because it's not that easy; I get that. But if you really want to lessen whatever emotional turmoil you're putting yourself through, you can't dwell on what happened or what might have been. If she brings up something about wanting to get back together, that's another story, and I have no idea how to deal with that. But, having experienced nothing but rejection from the people I've cared in that way about, I can say from experience that once I let go, it got so much easier. Does it still suck to not have a significant other? Of course, but timing is everything. You will meet other girls, and if you keep dwelling on this girl, you aren't going to allow yourself to open up to these newcomers, who might help you even more than she has, if you let them. Key idea here is YOU have to let them, not any body else. You know who I learned that from? My best guy friend, whom I still consider my absolute best friend, even though a couple years ago, I developed feelings for him that he didn't return. He has a girlfriend, and you know? I love them both. Because I was able to stop harping on the fact our feeling just weren't in sync (besides, we're so much more like brother and sister anyway). Even if you think you won't be strong enough to soldier on, you're wrong, because you've come this far, and it looks like you've been through a lot, and I've been there, too, and I'm still here. I don't know how old you are (between 14 and 16, I think...) but you have your whole life and a whole bunch of people just waiting to meet YOU ahead of you, so try not to get in your own way

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!