View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-13-2012, 06:08 PM

I love it! though I'm not a fan of the face on that base cause it looks a little wonky, but you didn't draw that ^^;

As far as the brings...it doesn't look uneven and haphazard on top; it looks starchy or something. I think you may have wanted to match the shadows/highlights on that fringe with what is happening on the bode of her dress...at the moment, it looks a bit like it was pasted on top of the whole doll.

I LOVE that you added her necklace, her armband, and a background. Gorgeous! A tiny little nitpick that's more about personal preference: that sand would have been PERFECT for this scene if it was water...it almost look like she's dipping her toes into the river, but there's no river The sky is gorgeous, and the leaves are a REALLY nice touch.

Other nitpick...why are the cacti? She lives in Virginia, next to the ocean. The pine trees fit perfectly, but the cacti seem geographically out of place. Again, tiny little nitpick; I didn't even notice there were any cacti until the third time I looked at this doll!

One last thing, I PROMISE: you have the leaves blowing in the wind, and the fringe on the bottom of her dress blowing in the wind, so shouldn't her hair be blowing in the wind a bit, too? I know it's not really part of your particular style, but maybe some wisps and long flyaway locks would have worked here.

Oh I feel like I'm being so harsh...but I'm really not, just things I noticed...I'm sorry Ness! I do think this is a good doll, especially for being out of practice!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!