View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-08-2012, 07:55 PM

Jerome hardly noticed; he shuffled inside with the elevator, hoping beyond hope that no one would come in, seeing him with a bloodied girl in his arms-

As luck would have it, someone joined him in the elevator just as he thought those words. He looked over to see the thin old woman in her 30's-inspired clothing and sighed in relief; Mrs. Johnson was blind as a bat, and more than half-mad, but harmless. She lived with her son, who refused to send her away to a retirement home.

"Why, Jerome, lovely to see you!" she croaked. "And have you finally found yourself a girl? Bout time you did, boyo! You been alone too long; need someone to talk to. I know all about that, of course; without my sonny-boy, I'd've gone mad, myself!" she cackled. "What's 'er name, then? Such lovely red hair. Did you elope? She's in white like a bride, and you're carrying her... it's so sweet! Congratulations to you!"

"No, no, Mrs. Johnson, we're not married. Her name is Rain, and she, ah, twisted her ankle. I'm helping her upstairs, and then I'll wrap her foot," Jerome said.

"Such a sweet boy, you are. Most kids aren't nowadays; seems like all they want to do is party or play on the gadgets."

Throughout this whole conversation, the elevator had surged upward toward the tenth floor, an experience that was likely to be quite novel for the diclonius.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!