(#862 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-03-2012, 01:00 AM

Not so much a GRRR as a WTF.

So my manager's two bosses - L and M - are father and son, respectively. L has run the company for years, but his son M is slowly taking over. This is not a good thing. M runs it like it's his personal library and doesn't really care how it looks as long as we get stuff out - until Macy's starts complaining. The branch I work in is in a Macy's so we've got TWO people to listen to - J and M.

I've never actually met J apart from running into him, and me being me I have no fear of people and I introduced myself, was friendly and polite. I may have completely flabbergasted the man because as far as I know, he has never come back into our area again after that. Or if he has, he's intimidated by my outright cheerfulness since he seems to take pride on upsetting people, from what I've heard.

Anyway, so M took a vacation and is supposed to be back soon this week. We're basically hauling butt to make sure he doesn't get angry. All books out: Check. Returns started: Check.

Manager tells me, Don't talk back to him.

Me, I'm all WTF. O_o I may be chatty with my coworkers - including her, since we're basically all the same level (she was hired as a manager but still does everything we do), but never in a defiant way, just as fun or as idea tossing since we do that to each other on a regular basis (even if Nathan doesn't banter back, just shrugs), so I don't really know where this is coming from. I've also apparently been "short" with customers on the phone and the only time I can think of where I have been this way was with an extremely irritating woman demanding to speak to my manager even though she wasn't there; we were about to close. -.-;

But I can honestly say I haven't had any uberbad experiences. I had one woman come up in a foul mood and she left laughing and smiling because I was able to fix her problem. I'm seriously irritated with the fact that anybody would think I'm being rude; this might be my first paying, official job but it's not the first time I've run customer service for something. -__-

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!