View Single Post
(#101 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Mia peeked her head out, her white-blue eyes wide and terrified. "I don't want you to leave," she squeaked to Emily.

"Leave, what do you mean?" Emily asked, her heart sinking.

"You have a new boyfriend. You're gonna make me play with his sister and I dunno her," Mia said, trembling.

Emily sighed and got on her knees and hugged her sister. "You mean the world to me, Mia. You know that, right?" She paused, then whispered a a level no human would be able to overhear "You mean more to me than any of my dumb 'boyfriends'. I just- this is my fun. You like going to that carousel in the mall for your treat, and this is mine. But, in the end, you're more important than this boy, okay?"

"The why do you send me away?" Mia whimpered just as quietly.

"Because I do... grownup tings, and you're still a kid. Besides, his sister has to be better than mom or dad," Emily said. she struggled to keep her own voice from trembling; she felt horrible for dumping Mia on the friends or siblings of her boyfriends, but bearing the weight of essentially being Mia's true mother was too much for the sixteen-year-old, and she desperately needed this time off. Boys, for obvious reasons, were more reliable when it came to finding and ensurin Mia would be watched over for the duration of Emily's time with them.

Oh, and, to be honest, Emily did like 'grownup' time; it served as multiple outlets. She had anger issues, attention issues, a need to feel in control... and, if she was with the right sort of guy, it just dam.n well felt good.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!