View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Well, might as well share a NOT sauce recipe; it's my go-to dessert whenever I have to bring stuff for parties.
Wine Cake*

1 packet reduced fat/sugar free/whatever butterscotch flavored Jell-O
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sherry
1 tsp nutmeg

Bunt Pan, non-stick spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients in medium-to-large size mixing bowl or pot, preferably using an electric mixer. Mix until there are no lumps (make sure to use a spatula to get any that may be lurking on the sides or underneath). Spatula the batter into your well-sprayed pan and bake for 45 minutes (until golden-brown). Remove from oven, let cool. Serves various amounts depending on how thinly/thickly you cut your slices

*Yes there is alcohol in this. No yo can't get drunk from it; it gets burned off when you bake it. Just be careful with the batter (which has raw eggs in it so you really shouldn't eat it anyway)

Avocado Dip

That's not actually the name of it, but I have no idea what else to call it. Very simple, and great for parties. People went crazy for it whenever I brought it in for classroom parties...I was literally required to bring it after the first time.

1 can black beans
1 can Del Monte fiesta corn (they're the only ones that make it)
1 avocado, diced
1 box cherry tomatoes, diced
2 cups finely shredded mexican cheese
Green or purple onions to taste, chopped
Italian Dressing

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!