LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-17-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_Kat View Post
We do not refridgerate our maple syrup. So many preservatives, it's just not worth it. That stuff won't spoil for a while.

We do refridgerate all our condements, ketchup and mustard and the like. We also keep our loafs of bread in the fridge.

But here's the thing my friends find really freaky: we don't refridgerate our butter. We have like the big box of it that you buy at the warehouse store in there, but when we're using a stick for like toast or bread, we keep it in an old margerine container on the table. My family goes through so much freaking butter that we don't even have to BEGIN to worry about it going bad. Not even close.
So I made French toast the other day and double checked our syrup (Aunt Jemamey y'all! xD) and it says "refrigeration not required" YAY!

I've never heard of refrigerating bread! We use it just in time before it gets stale, so it's not necessary in our house. Thank goodness too, because I've had a sandwich before that sat in the fridge and the bread gets...crusty/dry? It just didn't sit right with me, lol. But I must say Katie, I'm definitely on the ew side of y'alls butter. Margarine doesn't need to be refrigerated, I'm aware, but idk, dairy in general freaks me out, lol. I'll let margarine sit out for baking, but it stays in it's butter cubby in the fridge until it's time to bake. My in laws used to keep margarine out too. I never touched it and was SO glad when they started their dieting frenzy and got spray butter...though admittedly I didn't trust that after I found they would leave it out overnight and put it in the fridge, lol.

It's interesting to see everyones traditional food storage! How odd, you never think people do things differently until you witness it, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!