View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-27-2011, 12:31 AM

I must agree with Ness here and say you definitely should have a link and not just the name. Most bases actually require links. Not meant to be mean, just a little advice to you that you should check the Terms of Use since some dollers have very specific base rules you want to be aware of so you don't get in trouble

Also, I'd suggest posting the images right in the thread using the insert image button when you post. Attachments sometimes don't show up right. Final little technical thing, you should always save your dolls as a .png file. Do you notice how fuzzy your early files are? Its generally from saving as a .jpg, which has a limited color palette. Saving as .png will help us to better critique and guide you!

Now, so some actual critique, your shaping is getting better as you have continued. I'd really suggest you keep working on making smooth curves as they are essential to doing things like necklines, waists, and shirt edges, not to mention jewelry and shoes. You also want to start to use more than two-three shades and practice making folds. On dolls the sizes you have been doing, you should be using 5-6 shades and using more shades will allow you to play with the shadows formed by folds and creases in clothing.

This is a really great site to check out tutorials on. Its been really helpful to many new dollers here: Watermelon Bubblegum - Tutorials

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!