View Single Post
(#76 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-26-2011, 10:52 PM

Yeah, that's why I like it. Very few of the classes are those huge lecture types and even those are like 60-80 people (much better than hundred plus, yuck). The one thing though that makes it really different from other colleges is because its a commuter college (meaning all of the students travel there and there really isn't a set campus in the sense of a traditional college with lawns and dorms), there isn't a "community" at the college. No one really knows anyone (except for some honors programs), there aren't really any frats or sororities(plus for me), or campus parties or anything like that. You find your own group.

There are some dorm style places that fill that void, but you still have to search people out and go for it. It was tough my first year, but now I'm settled into a small group of my drug using, science nerd roommate (and her stream of indian lovers), our constantly single, g.ay neighbor, and the awkward russian guy I've been corrupting on the first floor with my evil party ways *and Lady Gaga*. This year me and my roommate are totally going to attempt to track down Rupaul in the bar scene, which I'm really excited about. And there are always parties, concerts, parks, bakeries, all sorts of things to see and do. Once you have some peeps, you can make it easily in NYC.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!