Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-21-2011, 09:14 PM

Name: Penelope Terrina
Fairytale Represented: The Goose Girl
Comments: Penelope is dressed as the true princess in her peasant garb, out to tend the geese. She has called upon the wind to take Conrad's hat away so he won't bother her while she lets her own golden hair down. (Dollmakers used include: styledollz.info's member maker, The_Contestants prop drop, Bing image search [for the staff], and one of Chessie's frames; entire doll was put together offline using the GIMP.)
Doll Thread: 'Tis here

Critiques
Miranda: I do love The Goosegirl, and this doll represents the key character perfectly! Her hair is golden, her dress is shabby and she's quite obviously out in the meadow with the geese, having just called down the wind to send Conrad to chase his hat. I just adore the border; it matches the scene perfectly and is just the final touch to a beautiful doll. The crook doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the scene; it looks a bit out of place and a more pixeled crook would have fitted better. Perhaps handdrawing one? Anyway, that's just a minor criticism.
Score: 9/10

Lovie: YOU, my resourceful competitor, are SO close to a perfect score! I only have 2 very minor critiques on this doll, so I will get those out of the way first. One, I'm not fond of the bright fuscia pink, but that is more of a preference, not a rule of thumb. And two, the staff is out of place saturation-wise. How I WISH you had found a cartoon-y staff to use instead! That's what's really knocking off your one point! Had you looked in the Halloween maker of TDP you'd find a wooden staff (black, but could be edited to match) that would have glued this whole doll together perfectly, bright fuscia pink or not! Now then, on to your much deserved kudos! The head is absolutely perfect! It's flowing in the wind, it's golden, it's fit for a princess. The gown? Also perfect! It's drab, and boring, but suits the story to a "T"! There are geese that's she's flocking, there's obviously a travel from the castle, which is also to be congratulated, a background with a castle, a journey, and geese! And what I only just realized? They all have shadows in the correct position! Truly truly love this doll. Those two minor things were my only set-back, so keep it up!
Score: 9/10

TOTAL SCORE: 18/20 POINTS

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-23-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!