View Single Post
(#396 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-21-2011, 07:34 PM

I love songs like that! Brings me back to grade school...you didn't think kids in the 2000's were innocent either, did you? I definitely remember the Barney one. We used to sing the Shark Attack song at day camp all the time. And of course:

I said a boom-chick-a-boom
I said a Boom-chick-a-boom
I said a boom-a-chick-a-rock-a-chick-a-rock-a-chick-a-boom!
Uh huh
Alright
One more time now
Motor style
(replace boom with "vroom" and rock with "rev")
" "
Cleaning style
(replace boom with "broom" and chick-a-rock with "push-a-mop")
" "

Those are the only variations I can think of off the top of my head; it was a call and response game. So the leader would start and the whole group would repeat everything back to her, line by line.

We also had crude jokes at day camp...one of my faves:
A boy is in class and his teacher tells him to home over the weekend and learn some new words. So he goes home and his mother takes him to the airport where he learns the word "take-off". They then visit the zoo, where he sees many animals and learns the word "zebra". Finally, they visit a nursery and he learns the word "baby". The following Monday at school, the teacher asks him if he learned any new words and he smiles and nodes at her. She says, "Well? Let's hear them! What words did you learn this weekend?"
Grinning from ear to ear because he was so proud for learning so many words and was sure she would reward him for being such an excellent student, he replies, "Take-off zebra baby!"

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!