(#6 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-21-2011, 02:47 PM

I've just finished my doll doll, but I'm wondering if I'll have time for props and such. So my question:

Is the end of entries 12am of the 22nd, or 11:59pm of the 22nd? So, the morning or evening of the 22nd?

**EDIT**

Nevermind! I started (and pretty much finished) the props, but since the doll is so light the props were seriously distracting attention.
Ah well, maybe next time eh?

Base: Small Sunshine
Name: Evony Marie Vayle
Fairytale Represented: Donkeyskin

Comments: As mentioned above, I had planned to, and actually finished (for the most part), add props, but as the Moon Dress is an extremely light color they were entirely too distracting. I did want to mention my theory behind the dresses of the story: Her father (blech) simply yearned for his daughter by her beauty alone. I therefore took the time period into consideration and constructed a very scantily clad outfit. She's showing large amounts of cleavage and (oh my!) shoulder. To add to the highly arousing factor, the dress is corset-styled.

Also, her hair is hastily put up. I figured she was a princess, thus normally didn't do her own hair, so I stayed far away from any and all extravagent up-do's. But since her hair is wet from her bath, I didn't want to leave it down either.

And to conclude: That's not Evony's hair color. I just can't seem to get past golden blondes being "the MOST beautiful".

Critiques & Kudos Please!

Critiques
Miranda: I've just got to say that I love this dress! It's wonderfully shaded, and perfectly sets off the whole idea of a dress as lovely as the moon. The golden pattern is simple and doesn't detract from the main dress, and I love the sleeves. The hair of the doll looks a bit off; I'm not sure how to explain it, it just doesn't look as tho it's hair, but a wig. A bit more hair strands put in would improve it as would a few loose strands here and there. But over all, this is a great doll wearing a really fantastic dress.
Score: 9/10

Kitty: The shading on this gown is so beautiful and realistic that I actually had to take a closer look to see if you blended it to achieve this smooth look! I'm amazed at what you accomplished with a very minimal set of shades when a gown of this size and smoothness would typically mean someone has used at least 10 different shades (I believe you used 6 or 7?). The gold for the corset top and the embroidery is quite lovely as well and I love that you didn't do an easily anticipated white gown, but rather a yellowish-beige gown that really is closer to the actual colour of the moon. The little details like the jewelry help polish off this look and I love that you have a shadow under her gown!

My lone critique lies with the hair. Most of it is beautiful, but the bangs are completely off. I think the bulkiness of those pieces is a bit jarring considering how soft the rest of it looks and the shading on them are simply not as lovely as the rest of your hair (such as those buns!). Bangs are notoriously difficult, so kudos for attempting them! Next time, I'd either suggest eliminating them entirely or focusing on a more stranded bang, which would've helped give it a more natural flow.
Score: 9/10

TOTAL SCORE: 18/20 POINTS

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-24-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Adding Thread Info
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!