(#5 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 07-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Name: Laila Carter
Tale Represented: Donkeyskin; Sun Dress
Comments/Credits: Made with one of Maker Heaven's makers, background from eLouai, border and rays of sunshine in the background by me.
Ж-The Royal Dollery-Ж

Critiques
Miranda: This doll is beautiful; I adore the dress and the border, and altho the background doesn't really fit the story of Donkeyskin, where the girl puts on her dresses in her room, it too is lovely. A lot of work has obviously gone into this doll and the border is the perfect finishing touch.
Score: 8/10

Lovie: What a beautiful doll! I simply adore the background, frame and color choices! Had this been a doll for another story/theme I would have had nothing bad to say about it! But it is a doll trying to show the story of Donkeyskin, so I see a few things that are off. Firstly, I just love a firey redhead, especially when she's paired with her perfectly coordinating sun-dress. But there is one thing bothering me with her head: her distaste. This is the only day of the week she is most happy, is when she is trying on her beautiful gowns! So I'm a little taken aback at her scornfully sour expression. Secondly, she's in a forrest. As stunningly beautiful as this forrest is, it's a bit out of place. She's dressing in secret in a bathroom chamber, not out in the open for all to see? I would have also liked to have seen a few props. It is a small doll overall, so I'm not too bothered by the lack of props, but they would have made a nice impact none the less. However confusing this doll is, your technique is spot on! Nothing looks pasted on, she and her outfit blend well with the scenery and frame, and there's detail everywhere. Not a boring spot to be seen!
Score: 8/10 points

TOTAL SCORE: 16/20 POINTS

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-23-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!