Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 07-21-2011, 05:44 AM

Name:Ellie Rose
Fairytale:The Fairies
Ellie Rose is at the well collecting water when confronted by the fairy who is disquised as an old peasant woman, because of Ellie's kindness toward her the fairy grants that everytime Ellie Rose speaks that roses, pearls and diamonds flow from her mouth, if you havent read it then I suggest you do.

Critiques
Miranda: I'm so glad that there were people who chose The Fairies to doll; it's my favourite story out of all the choices, with Donkeyskin as a close second. The fairy and the girl are almost perfect; tho the jewels look a bit too big, and the water containers would be better as buckets, cuz the younger girl gave the fairy a drink out of one. I love the background and the border sets the whole thing off nicely.
Score: 8/10

Lovie: Alas! Another difficult storyline! I'm so glad to see entries that call for a bit more creativity! First I want to say that I adore the setting you chose. The well and surrounding forrest are absolutely perfect for this particular doll, and the border does it justice too! I am, however, slightly disappointed with the rest. The young maiden you had chose to portray is hated by her jealous mother and step sister. I was therefore ready to see her wearing a rather unimpressive smock. Yet, however pieced together her clothing is, it still is quite a gown, with a particular emphasis on gown. It's got way more detail than the story calls for, and seems to be made of rather fine material. I do get that by it being "piecy" it's supposed to look "bad/poor", but I'm just too distracted by the intracate detail to notice the "bad". Nextly, with it being so full of color, the dress makes the doll seem pasted on, rather than an actual part of the scenery. The flowers coming from her mouth are perfect, and perfectly sized, but I am horrified at the thought of choking up fist-sized (and larger) gems. That seems more a curse than a gift...Also, I must admit I'm a bit confused by her action. She seems to be pouring water from a silver flask into an equally sized silver flask? What's the point? With it being a well I would have prefered to see a bucket up top and the flask below. The fairie's old woman disguise is perfectly chosen, though the hem of the dress is distracting and pointing out the fact that it looks as if it should be meeting the ground rather than floating above it. Those details aside, I still like the doll very much. I can tell a lot of detail and time went into it, but there are simply too many distractions in my own personal opinion.
Score: 7/10 points

TOTAL SCORE: 15/20 POINTS

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-23-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!