Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-20-2011, 05:47 PM

i want to post my entry on my own account so here it is

Base Link
Name: Kylie
Fairytale Represented: the Fairies
Short Explanation/Comments: Kylie is dressed up as the younger daughter and how she thinks she would look. since the mother despised the younger daugter she doesnt have any shoes. since the fairy gave her the power to drop roses pearls and diamonds from her mouth when she speaks i gave her each of those items (she is wearing the diamonds as earrings)
link to thread

can you please delete the other post thank you

Critiques
Miranda: This doll fits the setting of the fairytale well; she's dressed poorly and has no shoes, and she's smiling cuz of being pleased with her gift. However, the rose looks a bit too big to drop from her mouth, and I don't think she'd put the diamonds in her ears as earrings; for one thing, she wouldn't have the time or resources. The clothes look a little pillowshaded, and the hair, tho well stranded, could do with a few highlights to set it off. The folds in the clothes are a little too uniform, and should be more uneven.
Score: 6/10

Kitty: Right away, your shading needs some improvement. You are making a common mistake of pillowshading and it may help you to look at Kiwi_Kat's entry for an example of how to handle shading a poofy skirt, which can be a bit difficult to do if you are inexperienced. Your waist folds are not terrible, though you should focus on trying to curve the folds more to her body and you also should slightly reduce the bulkiness of your darkest shade in the fold. It should be about a one pixel line to help give you an idea of how thick it should be. You did do an excellent job with the hair and the next step you can take to push your abilities is to incorporate strands of different shades, playing more with highlights and lowlights to help give it a nice flowy look.

It was great that you really tried to incorporate the details of the story in a unique way (the diamond earrings) and your rose is beautiful. Personally, I think instead of a rose it may have been better for you to pixel flower petals rather than whole flowers, which you could've spread all around her and even placed upon her skirt. The lack of shoes was a nice touch. I didn't find the cut of the clothes particularly amazing (a longer skirt would've been more appropriate) and I would've preferred some duller colours and a more patchy look since she is the mistreated daughter after all! Overall, there is some good and bad here, you just need to take these critiques, keep practicing, and I'm sure your next entry will really wow us.
Score: 5/10 points

TOTAL SCORE: 11/20 POINTS

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-23-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!