Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 07-19-2011, 10:52 PM

\base/
Name: Amy Hunter
Tale Represented: Goose Girl
Comments: She's barefooted on purpose, not because I forgot. Her hair is being blown into her face by the same wind she begs for to keep Conrad running about, and her dress is brown because peasants wouldn't be able to afford dyes of any sort; even the shading of the white shirt is brownish. More comments found in my thread.
My Thread!

Critiques
Miranda: First of all, I've just got to say that I love that hair! It looks so silky; I just want to reach out and stroke it! It's quite obviously windblown, as is the dress which is quite obviously a peasant style dress, perfect for the goosegirl. I love the folds; folding is difficult to achieve, especially if you're dolling a windblown dress, and it's a good touch to not have her have shoes. The background looks good, tho the flowers and grass are a little rough and ready, but it's good that you made the effort to put in a background as that really helps in the setting for the doll.
Score: 9/10

Kitty: WOW! The folds and shading on this doll look amazing and I'm glad you challenged yourself with the windblown hair and dress, knowing you could've easily done anything and gotten high points with your skills. You obviously did your work, sticking with nice dull colours for her dress and barefeet, which really sell the poverty that the Goosegirl would've been living in. Small suggestion, possibly playing around with darkening her feet from the dirt might've really finished off her barefeet look and would've been a nice small detail that would've helped drive this entry that extra point. Your background, particularly the sky, is beautiful, but your grass is rough, but understandably a difficult thing to do, (though I like how its all blowing the right direction!) and needs a little more work. The only thing I have are suggestions that could've helped make this doll more recognizable as a story, maybe some of the geese she was tending around her feet or Conrad's hat flying in the sky behind her? Otherwise, this is an entirely beautiful doll!
Score: 9/10

TOTAL SCORE: 18/20 POINTS

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-23-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!