View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-19-2011, 01:57 AM

It's been three months, time for a dollie dump! All of the following dolls were made offline with the GIMP; lotsa stuff came from secretdollz.info and the community contestants folders, but there were some pretty heavy edits of my own.

First up, Ninja doll for Miranda's contest:

I didn't want to do a typical ninja, and I really wanted an action-y stance, so I felt that this outfit really worked. Not much else to say; this one didn't have nearly as much heavy editing as the other two did, though I do like what I did with the title (I condensed "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon").

Next, Pinkie Pie (also for one of Miranda's contests)

I was SO proud of myself for adding in the reflection of her dress; the magic of layers and transform tools and color options. I started playing with text along a path, and i'm still not quite sure how that works exactly, but i'm fairly pleased with this result. I know it's a bit hard to read (it says "Party with Pinkie" if you were wondering), but if I darkened the outline, I darkened the whole image. I desaturated the background so the doll would stand out a bit more. And I edited her face to have that goofy grin.

And finally (for now), a girl in 50's garb for Ness's contest:

That pattern is from dA, it and others can be found here.
HEAVY editing on that dress; I removed some lace crosses, changed the color, and copied the pattern from another skirt onto the bottom. Also, i drew those pearls and turned what was originally strapless into a halter. Oh, and I drew the gloves, too. My mom coached me through this one since she knows a lot about period pieces/fashion from set dec and I wanted to be accurate, lol. After all, it's a contest about fashion trends. Oh, her head was originally meant to be Cinderella; I changed the makeup, nose, eye color, headband color, and lightness of the blonde.

So. There ya go. If anyone has comments, kudos, or critique, don't be shy. I wouldn't have done all the stuff I ended up doing if not for previous critiques.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!