eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Name: Donkeyskin Girl
Fairytale Represented: Donkeyskin
Short Explanation/Comments: This is where every Sunday, Donkeyskin Girl would make herself beautiful once more. She is wearing her "Sky Dress".

Critiques
Miranda: I adore the doll's updo and dress! It's great that you chose to have the doll's hair put up in a pretty do; obviously, after toiling in the kitchen all week, Donkeyskin would love to do her hair as well as put on one of her beautiful dresses. The dress too is fab; rather than just pick a bog standard blue dress for the doll, you chose instead to have one with different shades of blue in a gradiant. I do think, however, that the picture could have been made smaller; bigger isn't necessarily better and you could have had the doll in front of the mirror or next to the chest; perhaps with one of Donkeyskin's other dresses seen peeping out. All that space is just not needed and a border would have been the perfect finishing touch.
Score: 7/10

Lovie: Let's start with a big to-do with how freaking perfect that dress is for the sky theme! I really really do adore your choice! To have chosen any blue dress would have been all too easy, and to be honest, boring! But not you! You instead chose a dress that illuminated the various shades of the morning/evening sky, such a clever thing to do to give the doll a bit more oompfh! Nextly, I love that you included all the necessary props to the story, so kudos on that! However, I'm not too keen on the clash of color saturation. I would have better liked to have seen either more realistic props, or a more cartoon-y background so as to better match each other. As they are right now, they do sort of look pasted on. One or two props are okay this way, occasionally, but for all of them to clash is a bit much. Another thing I would liked to have seen is some type of border. Obviously they are by no means required, but they do tend to finish off dolls quite nicely, giving them a more completed look.
Score: 7/10 points

TOTAL SCORE: 14/20 POINTS

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-23-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!