Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-06-2011, 03:24 PM

Name: Ilse (ill-sah) Bergman

Fairytale Represented: Sweetheart Roland

Short Explanation/Comments: This is Ilse as the beautiful girl in "Sweetheart Roland" after she turned herself into a flower and took care of the man. She just transformed herself into a human to clean, and will change back into a flower.

Dollmaker: PURRRFECTION
Background: Google

Critiques
Miranda: A beautiful doll; I like the way you gave her a pensive expression, rather than having her grinning, which shows that she's not exactly happy with her situation. A minor niggle with me is how short the doll's dress is; dresses of that period in time were generally long, but the dress is agreeably plain, as befits the situation for the girl. I love the border; it sets off the doll nicely.
Score: 8/10

Lovie: First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on choosing to do one of the more difficult storylines! I always admire people who choose to do more creatively challenging tasks (I'm too often wooed to doll pretty and simple, lol, so these are always refreshing.). But on to the doll!

I do love just how plain, but beautiful, the doll is. I really think it does justice to the doll's story. She is, after all, in great distress, so a gourgeous gown, makeup and hair would be too far fetched. The hair is perfectly chosen, no fancy up-do. The dress, too, is also worthy of a depressed lover (though I would have liked it better if it matched the time period better, women did not wear short dresses back then.). You were sure to include the important props, always a plus, and what's more is they don't look pasted on to the doll, but rather a part of the doll, like she is actually holding the bucket and wand. Details like that always go a long way to a more profesional look. I do love that you kept flowers in the theme by using them in the frame, though I would have prefered to see gold vertical lines instead of black to connect them, to look as one piece instead of two.

Score: 8/10 points

TOTAL SCORE: 16/20 POINTS

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-23-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!