View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-16-2011, 01:35 AM

I haven't written creative fiction in years...creative nonfiction is another story. To my files to raid essays I wrote for English class!

#1. Define "Stalking"
Result: H. P. Lovecraft

#2. How to be a Pessimist
Result: P. G. Wodehouse

#3. Primed!
Result: Chuck Palahniuk

#4. Harmless Words?
Result: Chuck Palahniuk

#5. Detention is Good(times three)
Result: David Foster Wallace

#6. The Underground World of the Speechie
Result: David Foster Wallace

#7. Torture to Testing: The Brainwashing Spectrum (this was a 10 page research paper I wrote junior year)
Result: Ursula K. Le Guin

#8. Of Ugly Ducks and Prophecies (Literary research paper about Kafka's Metamorphosis; quoted lots of Nabokov)
Result: James Joyce

#9. Admissions essay for Northwestern (I was told it was good; I still got wait-listed )
Result: Ursula K. Le Guin

#10. (Angry E-mail I didn't send)(most recent piece of "writing")
Result: Cory Doctorow

I have waaaaay more but I'm not posting them all...plus a lot are "reactions" to various movies and novels. My last English class was AP Lit, so we did a lot of analysis. I have numerous reflections on Crime and Punishment and Jude the Obscure. Not really original thought, just tangental spew I think. But hey, I got credit and that what counts!

I suppose I should go look up Ursula K. Le Guin, David Foster Wallace, and Chuck Palahniuk since I seem to write like them the most/consistently.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!