View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Telephone (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default Onion's attempts at jumping back on the doll train - 05-22-2011, 05:44 PM

I'm not sure if you remember me, but I used to be coloured_dreams about three years ago, when I was a little bit of a smiley-overusing noob who wanted to start dolling. This was a dream my thirteen year old self gave up on when thinking that she could never match the level of dollers on the internet. But I have returned, and I am going to attempt dolling again, and this time I refuse to give up. (:

So, this is the... gem I spent an hour or so on. Not so long because I want criticism, but not just criticism because I know what is exactly wrong with this doll; I would like solutions and perhaps links to tutorials I have not tried. I already know about Watermelon Bubblegum's, which has been a massive help, but before I try to find my own style, I want to sample as many as possible and perfect my technique a little. I also stumbled across Ninique's Minidollz tonight, which I will try out the next time I make a doll.

Preferably what I would need help on is shading and creating palettes. This is my final call!

Base credit: *DEAC loves you.

Summer prom theme. What I think is wrong: the top looks slightly pillowed, despite the fact I used a light source, the final highlights on the hair are too bright (although I know how to fix this), the colour of the green accents is very off, the skirt is a bit weird, the shoes- well I hate shoes. So please try and address this issues and point out any other hurdles I have fallen over?

I am serious about improving; sixteen year old Onion can take criticism much better than thirteen year old Onion could. Thank you.

Last edited by Telephone : 05-22-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!