View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-01-2011, 10:52 PM

I think its completely unreasonable to ban them outright. While the rating system and age-specific buying requirements don't work, its a cop-out to simply declare no one should buy a game because of continued fears that violent games leads to violence(which is what drives these bans), even though the connection is tenuous at best. Its about as silly as banning "obscene materials" here in the US back in the day or books or movies. Its up to a parent to be responsible enough to research what their children are buying and planning, its not the government's job. Anyways, adults should be allowed to access the material regardless, its a huge insult to basically say they aren't responsible enough to even access it.

Also, who is to say what content is worse than the rest? How much blood is too much? How many curse words, sex scenes, murder makes it rated R? That's my issue, because if it is damaging, why even risk a little? Why not ban it all outright and make everyone play happy fun time games? Silly, there is no way to know how little or how much an individual can take. I freak anytime enemies jump out in a game, should we ban all games like that? You know, to prevent me from being traumatised? Maybe I'm just highly critical because even though we have ratings and specific ages to buy games, most stores just don't care and I don't care either. I played M or your R-rated games as a kid. I'm not damaged, I'm not killing anyone, I don't think whatever we are being protected from is anything worse than what you can see on tv and in movies everyday.

I watch a video game review out of Australia that has them imported I believe, though I had no idea that was illegal. Somewhat makes it more interesting just because of that fact.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!