(#38 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-01-2011, 09:18 AM

Last night, I possibly had the most disturbing, bizarre and horrific dream I'll ever have.

For some reason, I dreamed Dublin city - that's the capital of Ireland - had been devastated by some huge fire, or something, remotely similar to Pompeii. The flames had somehow managed to cut off every entryway to the decimated city center, and the only way to get in now was via river. When I finally arrived, on a boat, with others, for some reason, the first thing we (whoever we is) walked past were some corpses that were charred so extensively that they were frozen in black poses. There were dead bodies everywhere; so many, I've never even imagined, let alone seen. Some clusters were burnt black, others had died from smoke inhalation, and were still in their pristine state, complete with colourful clothing, which seemed some kind of obscenity against the grey, charred, crumbling mess of Dublin. The stench of ash masked the smell of rot, apparently. The canal was swimming with silver ashes and other corpses, bloated with water. You couldn't walk through one street without kicking up flurries of ashes. Even more ash rained down like snow, and the sky was blackened, horizons red from where infernos still raged in other parts of the city.

Despite the dream being mainly nonverbal at the part where I reached the city, it was perfectly clear that everyone was dead. Who in the vicinity could have survived such a disaster? The buildings were ruined as well, burnt out from the inside. Some were crumpled like burnt tin cans, spilling their dead insides out onto the road. And again, I can't stress enough how many bodies there were. They literally paved the streets.

In all my life, I have never had such a horrific dream. And yet I didn't wake up screaming. I actually woke up staring wide-eyed at the ceiling. O_O; I have a creeping suspicion I'm actually in shock or something. Eeep.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!