(#28 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-19-2011, 12:10 PM

The same problem exists on my server. People just have POWER POWER POWER and no limits or weaknesses. Every Necromancer seems to able to raise the dead in limitless numbers, without the need for an extra energy source to use to power their spells, or even much effort or rituals. Meanwhile, every sh*tty Paladin seems to have unmatched control over the holy light and be able to do omgamazing things with it without difficulty, regardless of their actual IC faith or... anything.

I've found a good way to arrange the tragedy thing is, they had a wonderful, perfect, spoiled past, but they suddenly find themselves thrust into suffering and tragedy. This produces and interesting spoiled brat who may or may not be a better person for their trials at the end, depending on how character development goes. The other end of the scale is that they might dive to the depths of depravity to regain their losses.

Something I hate in fanfics about Warcraft is lore r@pe. This is, in WoW RPer terminology, when somebody names themselves after a lore character (See lleegoolaszzs Windrunner) or drastically altars aspects of the WC lore. For example, if somebody wrote a WC fanfic about King Arthas and King Varian's half-vampire travelling ranger son by immaculate conception, it would be considered extremely bad lore r@pe. This differs from custom lore, because custom lore is building upon the existing WC lore without changing it (too) drastically, or changing it in a very bad manner.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!