View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Difference in Age/Life Stages? - 04-15-2011, 09:00 PM

What do you guys think about age differences that are less than 3 years? Because one of my friends that is a little over a year older than me is in college and I'm a senior in high school and I realized I might have feelings for him...but it's kind of strange. Because he's an adult leader in youth group now, and even though I (most likely) will be one next year, that whole thing is weird to think about. I mean, I've known him for a couple years, but now that we're at different life stages idk if it's even appropriate for me to have feelings for him...you know what, this is long enough to warrant a new thread.

It's not like he's twice my age or anything, or like we're super young, and I am 18, so it's not legally an issue...but I wonder about it. Part of me says it shouldn't mater b/c we're still the same age difference and 1.3 years is really nothing in the long run, which I'm about to reach (in that it's not high school anymore). The other part can't get over the label of him as an "adult"...I suppose this is why I have so few senior friends; all the people I was really close to in high school have graduated already

I don't think it's a maturity thing (b/c I've been told multiple times that I look and act older than my age), but it's been on my mind a lot lately..thoughts?

Side note, this isn't just for me personally...I think anyone with age difference (not the "10 year old" thing) questions should be able to post in here.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!