AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-17-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiemum777 View Post
Cute hairstyle on the portrait, It suits it well, I think you went a bit silly and overdid the highlights in the hair especially in the fringe, in saying that you are definatly on the right track to dolling great hair, I really like it.
The top of the dress around the bossom area needs to curve with the curves if ya know what I mean, the dress is a little too straight across the top, also I would use a colour pallette with more depth, a colour pallette with 5 or 6 shades is what I use.
The little doll is soo cute! I think you did a wonderful job on her, one thing you need to do is work on your shading technique, the shading on the skirt is a little off and again a better colour pallette would probably fix it, that style of shading suits you, I use it sometimes myself.

Well done and keep drawing Hopefully we will see an entry from you in one of the handrawn contests, Miranda has a Christmassy one going atm
I agree with most of this, but I think the shading on the hair (covering the head) is perfect. Meanwhile, the shading on the bun could darken a little towards the ends of the "highlight halo", while the fringe should have a more horizontal than verticle highlight line. Ideally, I would start at the top right corner of the fringe, then progress towards the bottom left.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!