Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-23-2010, 06:28 PM

Here's my story, hope it's in on time ^.^

Black and White

Black. Black everywhere. The street, the buildings, the mud beneath his feet. Everything was black. From somewhere beyond the darkness a voice began to sing softly. The words followed him. He ran, but he was going nowhere. Trapped in a box, with the voice. The words that would never stop following him, hunting him. He screamed. The voice grew louder.

Come to the window,

My baby, with me,

And look at the stars

That shine on the sea!

There are two little stars

That play bo-peep

With two little fish

Far down in the deep;

And two little frogs

Cry "Neap, neap, neap;"

I see a dear baby

That should be asleep.

White. The party was white as all parties should be. The bride blushed at the compliments and congratulations she received and Kenfield stood by, looking sincere and proud. Unlike many of the men attending he had not touched a drop of wine. Kenfield didn't drink alcohol. When his father in law had asked him about it he had politely changed the subject. It was something he didn't wish to talk about.

Black. Two figures on the street, on in an officer’s uniform. One a young boy. Brothers, and yet all was black. There was the sound of a punch, a body hitting the ground. The figure in the officers uniform stepped lurched backwards. The boy was on the floor. All was quiet in the alleyway, all had returned to silence.

Come to the window,

My baby, with me,

And look at the stars

That shine on the sea!

White. The party progressed, with much silk and finery, with many entertaining and informative conversations carried out and with many decent acquaintances made. Kenfield had moved from the wall and stood next to his soon to be wife. They laughed together. A happy couple engulfed in the crowd that moved around them. She was by far the prettiest female in the room. He was handsome, in uniform. All was white.

Black. The lady lay on her bed, her breathing was shallow and low, the pants came further and further apart. The two figures stood next to her, younger. The one in the uniform was only a boy, the boy a toddler at most. She sang quietly, to the younger boy a nursery rhyme he had loved since childhood. A nursery rhyme where everything had a pair. Nothing was left alone in the blanket of black. They stood together as they watched their mother breathe her parting breathe. Then she was gone. There were no words between them. There was only a cold tension. A gap that could never be filled. All was lost. All had disappeared into the blackness.

That play bo-peep

With two little fish

Far down in the deep;

White. There was a scream from upstairs, the crowd parted. Kenfield was the first to make his way towards the stairs. His wife followed him. Her family came next. The maid shook, trembling when his wife extended a hand to her, to help her up. She backed away. Perhaps she wanted to just disappear into the wall. But sometimes the world is too white to just disappear.

Black. The boy’s name was Tom.. His body lay in the alleyway, cold, pale, his face bleeding slowly from where his brother had hit him. There was no hope for him. He like his mother would simply be forgotten. Just another corpse found in the morning, no clue to what had happened. Another unidentified victim, who know one really knew, or cared about.
The officer in the alehouse ordered another drink, he didn’t want to think about what he had done, and maybe if kept of going the alcohol would simply erase the pain. All would be forgotten. He would wake up in the morning with a new life, a new family. No memories. But the memories remained, the voice kept calling too him. The black stain of that night would never go away.

White. He did not know what possessed him to stay in the room. What had possessed him to take the gun? What had possessed him to go alone? But as the party drew to a close he locked himself away, and as the wind outside grew colder, and louder he found himself surrounded by the vivid memories of those yesterday’s. The ones that everyone has and regrets. Flashes passed him by as he tried to sleep.
His father’s face, angry and red. His mother, crying and begging. His brother kicking and screaming, him, unable to do anything. Alcohol had been the one thing he could control, until that night. The memories were not so vivid now, tainted by the drinks he’d consumed. He hadn’t meant to kill him, he just wanted a new life. Tom couldn’t be part of that. He was bad luck, he brought back too many memories.
Somewhere outside a clock struck three, three in the morning. Soon he would be able to escape the hell of those memories. Return to the life he had made for himself. Then a slow whispering voice from the corner.

Come to the window,

My baby, with me,

And look at the stars

That shine on the sea!

A figure, a boy, walking towards him, almost transparent.

That play bo-peep

With two little fish

Far down in the deep;

A shot, as he pulled the trigger.

And two little frogs

Cry "Neap, neap, neap;"

I see a dear baby

That should be asleep.

Fear as he realized it didn’t work.

The figure moved closer, his memories grew stronger, melding together into an unthinkable mix of horror. And as the broken clock in the corner of the room began to tick again and as the curtains began to thrash wildly against the windows, the little boy’s voice grew quieter again.

There was a scream as what was left of Tom Kenfield’s face smiled up at his brother.

And soon all was black.

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 10-23-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!