I see not many have you have gotten into the Halloween spirit yet, but maybe this delightful contest will appeal to you! If I don't start seeing entries soon, I just may have to leave the prizes with Sandy Claws for Christmas. Don't you guys want your surprises?
This week's event is a favorite of your artists, a competition. Maybe one you haven't seen yet though. While this is no fun, read the rules before you compete or you may find a trick is in store instead of a delightful treat!
1. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
2. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
3. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
4. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
5. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
6. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
7. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each competition.
8. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate. We want to see your work, not the work of your animator.
The theme for the Halloween dolling contest is "Zombiefied". Take a your RP character, a famous actress, or even yourself and let us see how you imagine them zombiefied! Keep gore tasteful (not just for those zombies, but for us human judges!).
When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their dollmaker doll in this thread. It will close October 24th!