(#724 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-11-2010, 08:06 PM

I agree and disagree. I used to be SO irritated towards Kitty and Miranda for 'all of a sudden' deciding that animation was no longer allowed. But in time I came back to competing, though I'd been practicing on my own throughout that time, and found some appreciation in the rule. Not a whole lot of people can still-motion sparkle effectively, it's a talent that's aquired, not given, just like hair/pants/folds/lines. So my entry's have some pizazz that others don't want to work on/practice with because it's "extra".

You'd think I'd be with you on this since I believe that doing animations and glitter is a no-brainer, seriously. I still don't understand how it's an 'upper hand' when people could just apply themselves alittlebit more if they truely think animation is all that important and wow-worthy.

Rather, I'm glad for it. Hand Drawn dolls are all about learning to create. Animation/glitter is a shortcut ONLY to the trained eye. But for those who have never applied themselves to learn, think it's too hard, or that they don't have the tools they need to do it are simply FLOORED by how ohmygoshsopreetttyyyy it is. Sad , but true.

Dollmaker dolls are all about application. I believe that glitter is certainly okay in Dollmaker dolls. They don't necessarily CREATE their art, they apply it. (NOT to say that Dollmaker dolls are nothing, I do both Hand Drawn and Dollmaker and I can honestly say that Dollmaker Dolls take way more time and effort the more skilled you are, whereas Hand Drawns seem to take less time and effort the more skilled you are.)

I think it's a challenge in both sides to disclude glitter completely. But I think it's more challenging for Dollmaker Dollers to be without glitter/animation than Hand Drawn Dollers. Glitter is almost an essential part for Specialty Dollmaker Dolls, but with Hand Drawn Dolls, it's all just 'extra', something to take away from the actual thing people are supposed to be judging on, and that's the talent, not the initial wow-factor. Just my two cents.

Normally I try to respect other's wishes if they don't want to discuss things further than just letting things out. But sadly, this is a long-debated-issue. It twinges most all of our anger/peeve tendons in one way or another, whether you're for or against. So while this was posted in the Anger thread to "Let it out", it let out more than just your steam, it let out a cannon of other's steam as well. So try to just ignore responses if you wanted to leave it at your steam.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!