View Single Post
(#720 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 10-06-2010, 08:07 AM

People like that make me mad, too; my cousin has Asperger's. He used to come to me, thoroughly upset, and ask why he was bullied, why they relentlessly picked on him at school. When I told him to ignore them, that they'd leave him alone if he didn't give them a response, he told me that he just couldn't, and the pain on his face was almost unbearable to witness.

How can people pretend that people under the autistic spectrum have no feelings, or are only half human and often unintelligent?
For intelligence, those who are au****tic are often more intelligent than is realized, but simply can't express it.

Yes, that's right, the autistic spectrum disorders are communicative, people; they feel just as you and I feel, but just have a harder time expressing it and relating to others. And what do you people do? You alienate them further by bullying and making senseless comments that aim only to hurt.

And people wonder why I get upset about this sort of thing. If only they knew the kind of impact they have on the minds of those bullied... Yes, I have a cousin with Asperger's, and another cousin's child is an autistic girl, so I see what effects careless idiots have on them every day.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!