View Single Post
(#321 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-20-2010, 10:18 AM

New, for the alien contest... the diva Plavalaguna! This doll was 98% editing. X.x She's supposed to have a belt-thing, but I couldn't get it right, so I left that out. I wrote a little bit about her to go with this doll. Please note that Plavalaguna and the scene I'm describing come from the movie The Fifth Element and that I do not own either, though I did put my own artistic interpetations into the following blurb. Thank you all. ^^ Please do forgive how choppy and awkward this bit of writing is; I may edit it more later.

The excited chatting of the crowd slowly died down with the dimming of the lights, though a few hushed whispers still pervaded the room. The large, op’ulent auditorium outfitted in the colors of rich red and bright gold faded into the background when the plush velvet curtains on the stage parted to reveal a darkened, solitary figure that appeared to be clothed in blue. The spotlight was cued by the sweet yet melancholy opening note of a flute, and the figure was revealed to be not merely a human in blue, but the Diva Plavalaguna.

It was hard to tell whether she wore a tight dress or if what appeared to be an outfit made of a shimmery, silvery blue material was actually her skin, for her head and face were the same color. She shuffled forward to the slow beat of the flutist’s intro, and her ‘skirt’ fluttered along the bottom, like water rippling and tumbling over rocks in a stream. She lifted her head, and now all could clearly see beyond the black headpiece she wore to the spiral-like extension of her head that curled down to the base of her neck. From her head dangled six tentacle-like appendages, and they swayed gently in the air as if gravity barely affected them, as if they were slightly suspended in water.

When the Diva parted her blue-black lips to sing, her beautiful voice easily carried throughout the room, but yet its sound was sweet and beautiful, as though the moonlight itself were singing to the many gathered there. She seemed to portray both happiness at life, and a sadness no one could put a finger on, a haunted quality to her singing.

It was if Plavalaguna somehow knew that this would be the last performance in her life.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!