Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 09-17-2010, 01:47 PM

Now living in B.C. I can now see the fast amounts of muslims wearing such things and tons in my apartment. When I first came here I just about crapped myself seeing a lady in a all black robe I beleive its called a shador? Anyways I was kinda scared as I would see those people once and a while but there are loads of women here wearing it. When I went out during th summer in shorts and a tank top with sandles I felt dirty and that I should be ashamed of my body and I did not like that.

To answer your questions-
Is it alright to ban religious items in schools and government buildings?
I think it is personally. Reason being is over where I am situated now. A muslim man is allowed to ride a motor bike without a helmet and instead wear a turban while everyone else obeys the law of wearing a helmet due to SAFETY. Also with the Sikhs culture a boy moving into a man should wear a kirpans around him which is a dagger aka mini sword. A boy was caught wearing one to school and there was a huge uproar as it was for "religious reasons". Personally I would be devistated to know that my child was next to that child in class with such a weapon.

When you come to another country you should be embracing the values the country has not trying to whipe theirs out and replace it with yours. Europe is a place of free spirit and people to be proud of the body and nudity is not looked down upon there instead its very apporved by the public. I am really sick and tired of seeing people cover up here it makes me feel ashamed of my body and the way I look. The fact the European countries are stepping up and making it known that its against their beliefs is honestly a wonderful thing to do for the Europeans culture. I wouldbe devistated to go back home and see people all covered up, closed nude beaches, night life down and such.

This all being said I understand everyone has thier own beliefs and religion and such but keep it in your country. Embrace the new country and for get the place you come from and accept what is considered acceptable here. Practicing your religion is one thing but to create a feeling the publics eyes of unsafe matters is not fair to the locals and the ones that live here always.

Should religious clothing be banned altogether in public settings?

Yes, in my opinion religion is to be kept private and not to be seen or talked about as I find it rude. Ive been brought up to beleive religion and politics are not to be discussed in public so clothing in my eyes shouldn't be allowed outside the area of which the practice it.

Are burqas and hijabs specifically a security risk? Do you believe they limit or free these women?

They are both a security risk and limit freedom to these women. I have a friend who wears a hijab forced by her husband. She hates it she feels like she should be ashamed of her beautiful hair. Every woman would die to have hair like hers but no one will ever knowbecause she will not go in public without it. Thats controlling hair maybe considered sexy in their little world but my god it adds to the whole appearence of being sexy and god forbid if they are ever reffered to as being sexy by anyone else other then their husbands. Some women fear rebelling against and inturn maybe punished. Countries need to stop letting themwear such garments as it upsets them at times and the community they are now residing.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!