View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-15-2010, 08:48 AM

I think that burqas should be banned. Even taking away the fact that they are discriminating towards women and are not even religious clothing at all (the Koran makes NO mention of covering women's faces; just says for them to wear modest clothing and cover their hair) but covering a person's face in society is both unsafe and could lead to dangerous situations.

Women are made to cover themselves in this way due to the sexist idea that a woman is responsible for her own rape cuz she shows off her body. So, the idea goes, the woman should cover her face and body so as not to inflame men's desires. This is a disgusting view and should not be tolerated in modern society.

Also, I don't think that anyone should be allowed to walk around with their face covered. I'm not allowed to walk into a bank or petrol station wearing my crash helmet; why should a burqa clad woman be allowed to cover her face? A teenager isn't allowed to go to Bluewater wearing a hoodie that obscures his or her face. Anyone who walked into a bank wearing a scarf around their face would cause alarm. So why have one rule for them, and one for us? If they don't like our rules, then they don't have to live here.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!