Clown makeup -
08-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Something that annoys me is when I see teenage girls who obviously don't have a clue how to apply makeup. -.- I learned to apply it from magazines like Just Seventeen that showed step by step makeup applying, and told you which colours would work and how to wear certain colours. Don't girl's mags have those any more? If not, then they certainly should cuz the amount of girls I've seen who have put their makeup on and look like clowns is astronomical.
Hint; if you have committed any of the crimes below, then You Are Doing It Wrong. All of them, please dunk your head in a bucket right now.
1. Orange fake tan and/or bronzer. If you must apply fake tan, then don't just ladle it all on in one go; put a thin layer on at a time and build it up gradually. Also, if you don't exfoiliate or moisturise first, you will end up being streaky. Bronzer is there to give you a healthy glow; plastering it on makes you look comical.
2. Brightly coloured eyeshadow all the way up to the eyebrow. Ugh. Just don't do it. Yes, you can wear bright eyeshadow; but just on the eyelids, please, unless you are actually trying to look like a drag queen. Yes, I'm aware that some makeup looks do have eyeshadow up to the eyebrow, but most people who do this tend to use subtle colours and blend.
3. Bright red or bright pink lipstick teamed with the above. This is the aforementioned clown makeup. If you are going big on your eyes, tone your lipstick down and vice versa.
4. Non blended cream blusher. Having a spot of pink on each cheek does not do you any favours. If you are having trouble blending your cream blusher then switch to a powder.
5. Foundation tide marks. Here's a clue; match your foundation to your skintone. Going one darker will not make your face look healthier; you will just look as tho you are wearing a mask when your foundation cuts off. To give your face a glow, use a little bronzer on certain places; where the sun catches you naturally, or some blusher on the apples of your cheeks.
6. Different colour lipliner and lipstick. Sure, if you want to look as tho you live in a trailer, have four baby daddies and are a regular on Jerry Springer, go right ahead. Otherwise, use a tranparent lipliner or match your liner to your lipstick.
7. Clashing colours. For the love of cheese, don't wear bright blue eyeshadow teamed with red lipstick! It just looks awful and trashy.
8. Wearing makeup without due care and attention. Mascara specks on cheeks, lipstick on teeth, eyeshadow specks on cheeks, smudged eyeliner, lip gloss on chin. For goodness sake, concentrate when applying your makeup; if you make any mistakes, then use a cotton bud after to sort them out.