(#4 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-14-2010, 05:40 PM

When I go to build a doll I drag the items over using the mouse tool. You know, the arrow/cursor thing? When I put the items over the doll (all of the items btw, just checked again and it was not only the skirts doing it) they don't go where I put them. I have been dolling for years and know how to put a doll together correctly and how to allign the clothing to the base so please understand this is not a user-incompetance related problem. This is what it makes the clothes do when I let go of my mouse button:

Also, I just realized the double click feature isn't available on this, nor is a save button? I understand that what's meant to be done is pressing the Print Screen button on the keyboard and croping the image in Paint or other program, but more user-friendly coding has the Save feature. The double click feature will create a copy of the item clicked and automatically transfer it to the Build Area. That options also allows for creativity. For example someone has some versatile props that can be used creatively to create something else, like taking a crown and putting multiple copies of the crown across the waist to create a belt. This coding only allows single use, which limits creativity.

Another cool feature is the layers feature. Some dollmaking scripts only allow a doll to be created in the layer they have pre-determined. But if a user wants to be creative and take some hair and put it behind the doll and lower down to create longer hair they can't do that without an option to move an item Up or Down a layer.

I hope my advice and critiques are taken lightly and that they don't bother you. I know a bit of coding myself so I definately know the work that goes behind creating such things and I'm definately impressed by how much you've done on your own.

Oh and you asked about my browser? I use Internet Explorer7. I haven't had any issues with it on any dolling sites...ever. I only get issues whenever I try to upgrade the version, ESPECIALLY with TDP. I've tried downloading a second browser before (Firefox) but it and I.E. kept fighting a testosterone-filled Who's The Default Browser battle. So when I finally got tired of their bickering I deleted Firefox and just stuck with I.E.7 since I use TDP more than I use random sites that need higher versions.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!