(#35 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Talking 08-14-2010, 12:21 AM

So I have a new dolleh for ya'll to see!
I am SUPER proud of it, lol.

Base: Amaryllis
Inspired? Try Out Noirmali's Hair Contest!

Things Used: Gothic Lolita, Straight Bangs, Interesting Style (I've never done a side-pony, straight bangs, and certainly not the iron curls! X,x)

This would be my lovely friend, Natalie. She's highly artisitic and loves anime. One day she decided to draw her favorite anime character, Chii from Chobits. She used Google for some reference pics and came across a Lolita-styled clothing store. It was love from first sight. Everything captured her heart, the bold mixture of blacks and color, the gorgeous hairstyles, the elegant and extrememly girly accessories, all of it. Natalie loves to doll herself up everday and thoroughly enjoys feeling like she's as beautiful as the anime characters she adores so much. Not a day goes by when she isn't thrilled to get ready for the day and take it head on, frills, curls, and all!

I edited the base a lot and I regret nothing xD I could have used the LOL base and have done minimal editing to make it more feminine, but the eyes of the Amaryllis base just would not do to be left there un-dolled upon. xD I adored dolling on this base and was so glad for the creative freedom of editing it! (It's always such a drag when the rules state no-editing.)

I don't know if this counts as an interesting hairstyle or not? I know it's certainly interesting to me, lol. If you'd have asked me a week ago to doll something with hair like that I'd have been "Psh, yeah right..". But since Hair was the main challenging point of this contest it really made me want to push my limits. So I tried it, and honestly I'm surprised it's not uber horrid. There are a few things I couldn't get right though, so alas my ego/confidence was not horribly inflated, lol.

And I did doll the hair underneath the hat, and no, the hat wasn't put there to cover it up. I just really, REALLY wanted to doll that little hat xD

Please bare in mind that this is the un-edited version. I have put pupils in, put some more shadows in the neck, made one of the iron-curly-cues less sticky-outy and more. This is purely to show how I drew the side pony. I'm not uber proud of it, but it could have been worse...trust me, I knows since I had to scrap my first attempt and start over, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 08-14-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!