View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-18-2010, 05:43 PM

Saute'ed chicken breast with a sauce - Wolfie style! XD The sauce that goes with this recipe also goes great with french fries, steak, and possibly salads.

Ingredients for the chicken:
Chicken breast(obviously, XD), around 4 oz (about two inches by four inches in size, less than an inch thick to ensure doneness)
1/2 tbs Dill we'ed
3 tbs Minced garlic (Is possible to use garlic powder as substitute, but it doesn't taste as good.)
Salt, as needed
Pepper, as needed
1 1/2 tbs butter
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Bowl of flour (around two, three cups)

Ingredients for sauce:
Minced garlic
2 tbs evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
2 1/2 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs dijon mustard
2 1/2 tbs honey mustard
1/4 can of chicken broth/stock
Salt, as needed
Pepper, as needed

1. Trim the chicken as needed; take off the fat, any cartilage, or tendons still attached. If this part makes you queasy, have a family member do it or your local butcher. Or ask the people behind the counter to do it for you when you go grocery shopping.
2. WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN YOU ARE DONE TOUCHING THAT RAW CHICKEN. DON'T BE GROSS.
3. In the saucepan, add the first amounts of butter and the evoo. Allow to melt SLOWLY on the lowest setting.
4. On a plate, make a thin layer of salt, pepper, and dill we'ed.
5. In the pan, once the butter has integrated with the oil, add the 3 tbs of minced garlic; keep it on the lowest setting so that the butter and oil can absorb the flavor of the garlic. Also prevents it from burning. Let sit for however long you wish; I once left it here for twenty minutes and it ended up being a very nice, sweet-garlic flavor. Not sure why.
6. Flour the chicken; shake off excess flour and gently place on seasoned plate. WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN YOU ARE DONE.
7. Shake some salt, pepper, and some of the half-tablespoon of dill we'ed on top of the floured chicken.
8. In the pan, add the rest of the half-tablespoon of dill. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, then turn the heat up.
9. When the pan begins to bubble slightly, add the chicken. If it starts crackling too much for your liking, turn the heat down.
10. The chicken, if it is thin, should be visibly turning from a dark pink to a white as it cooks. After five minutes, flip it over CAREFULLY so as to not splash the oil. Cook another five minutes (or longer if the chicken is oddly shaped and an uneven thickness).
11. Take the thickest piece (known as a 'test piece') and put it on a plate; use a knife to cut it in half. Examine it; if it is white, then it is done and should be an accurate gauge of the other pieces' doneness. If it is still somewhat pink, place it back into the pan as-is; do NOT put it down on the cut sides.
12. Once the chicken is done cooking, remove from pan to a plate; cover said plate with aluminum foil or another plate to preserve heat.

Sauce:
1. Clean out pan, or use fresh one.
2. Add evoo and butter for sauce to pan. Use same method - low heat to melt. If you are using the same pan, do NOT put it down on the same burner. Put it on a cold burner; if you put it back on the hot burner, then you WILL cause the butter to pop in the oil and believe me, it BURNS like you would not believe.
3. Add the 2 1/2 tbs of garlic; allow to soak in the oil and butter for a few minutes. NOW is the time to move the pan back to the hot burner - but keep the heat low!
4. Once the garlic has soaked to your liking, turn up the heat SLIGHTLY. Add both mustards and stir them around until they have sufficiently melted.
5. Add the 1/4 can of chicken stock/broth; mix thoroughly and allow to simmer.
6. Once the sauce has thickened, plate your chicken and pour sauce on top. Enjoy! <3

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!