View Single Post
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-17-2010, 07:27 AM

I agree with those points; Mary Sues bug the hell out of me. Especially since I wrote the RPG forum rules to include a step by step guide to making a believable character, included a FAQ for people to ask questions, and even said that people can PM me to check to see if their character passes muster. And yet, I still get people coming on here and posting rubbish RPs with crappy Mary Sues, cuz they haven't even bothered to look at the stickies.

I also hate people posting wild stories; in my experience, those people are lying to get attention and sympathy. I've know people who've suffered from traumatic events; bereavement, abuse, self harm, addiction etc and without an exception, none of them will talk about their experiences unless it's brought up in conversation. It also makes a difference when a person is an oldbie on a forum; if someone is new and their first post is "OMG! I was raped/abused/molested!" or "OMG! I'm pregnant!" then it doesn't make me feel inclined to believe them.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!