LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Three things I don't like about doctor visits:

*Taking Blood Pressure
*Checking Throat (That stick down the throat)
*Needles (Especially Blood-Work)

I am the WORST patient E.V.E.R. I don't complain much about taking the blood pressure, I just really don't like the feeling it gives me. I have a HORRIBLE gag reflex...and I MEAN reflex. I unconscienciously swat away the doctors stick, jerk my head, choke, you name it. It's honestly quite embarassing because I don't do it on purpose. Keep in mind I'm an adult. These doctors always give me the worst of looks xD

And now to the needles. I HATE needles. Especially blood-work. I start hyperventalating. Though admittedly I have never hyperventalated fully during needle work, I HAVE hyperventalated fully before, but I start to with needle work but it's always done before I do much damage xD

Blood work freaks me out. I know it's all in my head, but I can 'feel' myself being drained. And then there's seeing the blood. O.M.G.

I once went in for blood work and the Nurse was concerned because I was starting to hyperventalate. She gave me some papers to read to distract me. Not helpful, it was an article about pain. X_x Meanwhile my mom is getting severly upset with me because I'm embarassing her. Gee thanks Mom, way to calm me down by making the situation more stressful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!