LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Three things I don't like about doctor visits:

*Taking Blood Pressure
*Checking Throat (That stick down the throat)
*Needles (Especially Blood-Work)

I am the WORST patient E.V.E.R. I don't complain much about taking the blood pressure, I just really don't like the feeling it gives me. I have a HORRIBLE gag reflex...and I MEAN reflex. I unconscienciously swat away the doctors stick, jerk my head, choke, you name it. It's honestly quite embarassing because I don't do it on purpose. Keep in mind I'm an adult. These doctors always give me the worst of looks xD

And now to the needles. I HATE needles. Especially blood-work. I start hyperventalating. Though admittedly I have never hyperventalated fully during needle work, I HAVE hyperventalated fully before, but I start to with needle work but it's always done before I do much damage xD

Blood work freaks me out. I know it's all in my head, but I can 'feel' myself being drained. And then there's seeing the blood. O.M.G.

*shivers*

I once went in for blood work and the Nurse was concerned because I was starting to hyperventalate. She gave me some papers to read to distract me. Not helpful, it was an article about pain. X_x Meanwhile my mom is getting severly upset with me because I'm embarassing her. Gee thanks Mom, way to calm me down by making the situation more stressful.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!