View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-11-2010, 10:34 PM

I'm in the same boat as Miranda. I don't really think there's an afterlife, and I don't think we were created by some higher power. I think we live, die, and that's it.

I wasn't born incredibly religious (my mum used to go to church before she married my dad, but my family as a whole has never went). However, I have gone a couple times due to my best friend being a pastor's daughter and thus, very religious. Sometimes I do think, "what if there was a God?" and then think, "No, highly doubt it."

There's so many religions, and some are very different then others. What religion is the "right" religion? I guess it's a fate thing, but for example, what if there was really an Islamic God? When others die, they'd be like, "Woah, guess we were wrong." The whole idea seems really weird to me.

Besides, in ancient times they believed in many different Gods. The Greeks had their own set, the Egyptians had theirs, etc. Now those are just considered "myths". What makes those myths any different from the stories in the Bible, for example? Isn't the whole Noah's Ark concept just as plausible as the myth of Hercules tasks? Who's to say the Greeks, or some other ancient civilization, were wrong?

Again, I guess it all comes down to your "faith" and what kind of thing you believe. You know what, just for kicks, if someone asks me what my religion is from now on, I'll tell them I believe in the Greek myths. =D I'll probably be stared at, and thought as weird, but whatever. xD

Hmmm... I was going to say something else, but I can't remember...

Remember, it's only my opinion. :P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!