(#12 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-09-2010, 11:29 AM

I am not a Christian, however I was raised Christian. I never did like to go to church mainly because my dad was working most of the time and my mom didn't care enough to take us. In about middle school, after my parents divorced and what not, my dad decided to go back to church and he took me with him. Granted it was fun, but even in the church, it just never felt right. I still felt like an outcast.

Then one of my friends introduced me into this book series called Sweep (very good btw) and it was all about Paganism. Granted some of it was a little unrealistic, but it had the same priniciples that regular Paganism had. I had never felt more connected with a book before. After that, I got online and started to look up Paganism. I fell in love with it.

When I told my dad that I had started to change religions, he wasn't so happy. But I gave him a book explaining everything and he started to accept the way I wanted to live. My mother still thinks this is just a phase. I am 17 now, I changed back in 8th grade for sure so I would have been 12 or 13, so about 5 or 6 years ago. Some phase.

We don't have a heaven or hell, we have karma, which I think works a bit better than a heaven or hell. Karma comes back immediately and its not as forgiving. You can have a pure heart, pure intentions, but if sway from that, Karma still comes and gets you. You don't have to wait 60 to 100 years for God or Jesus's review of your life. Karma does it for you.

Plus, for me, Christianity and Cathlicathism (sorry if I mispelled this) is so strict. Paganism is a lot more free and accepting. You can be ga.y, black, white, grey, pink, yellow, anti-christian, pro-christian, jewish, hindu, bhuddist, anything, and be a Pagan.

Hope this also doesn't offend anyone.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!