View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
prin367cess (Offline)
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-09-2010, 11:12 AM

We find that the strictness of Catholisism to be just right for children or for people who have lost their way and need a bit more "rules" and formality.
That's exactly what I mean. It was fine when I was a kid in elementary school, and even in high school. It's what helped me to stick to my morals and stay away from things that I didn't want to be involved in.

I was such a true believer back then. When I was in the lower grades (1-4), i used to cry during Stations of the Cross. I also wanted to be a nun, up until 5th grade. In high school, I was saving myself because I truly believed I was waiting for Jesus.

Now that I am older, can think for myself, and am able to look at different options (rather than simply doing what I'm told), I just prefer to keep my own spirituality private. I don't mind going to mass every so often, but I don't feel that i can really talk to God when there are people all around me. I guess I can't tune them out. And I also choose who I pray to. Sure, there's the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, but I feel more comfortable praying to Mary or to my patron saint, St. Therese of Lisieux.

The people who screech "You're going to hell!" if you dare go against any of the rules of their belief system...
That's exactly why I keep my beliefs private. Those people are rude and close-minded, and unwilling to listen to other people's opinion.

Kitty, do post a site about the mistranslation, if you can. I'd also love to read up on it.

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!