(#10 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
We find that the strictness of Catholisism to be just right for children or for people who have lost their way and need a bit more "rules" and formality.
That's exactly what I mean. It was fine when I was a kid in elementary school, and even in high school. It's what helped me to stick to my morals and stay away from things that I didn't want to be involved in.

I was such a true believer back then. When I was in the lower grades (1-4), i used to cry during Stations of the Cross. I also wanted to be a nun, up until 5th grade. In high school, I was saving myself because I truly believed I was waiting for Jesus.

Now that I am older, can think for myself, and am able to look at different options (rather than simply doing what I'm told), I just prefer to keep my own spirituality private. I don't mind going to mass every so often, but I don't feel that i can really talk to God when there are people all around me. I guess I can't tune them out. And I also choose who I pray to. Sure, there's the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, but I feel more comfortable praying to Mary or to my patron saint, St. Therese of Lisieux.

Quote:
The people who screech "You're going to hell!" if you dare go against any of the rules of their belief system...
That's exactly why I keep my beliefs private. Those people are rude and close-minded, and unwilling to listen to other people's opinion.

Kitty, do post a site about the mistranslation, if you can. I'd also love to read up on it.

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!