View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-04-2010, 10:34 PM

Like I said before, many people do compare it to Pocahontas or Dances with Wolves. However, there are only so many movie ideas, and you can really find connections in a lot of movies. For example, in the 80s movie The Heathers there were three popular girls (one brunette, two blondes - the leader being a blond that thinks everyone loves her) and one girl who becomes part of their group, and in the end she realizes she should just hang out with people she likes regardless of their social status. Sound familiar? It's much like Mean Girls with all those similarities. But there are also many differences. There are also many movies with the "Prince Charming" type story, but that doesn't make them copies. Similar though, yes. Still, most movies coming out are simply remakes, which you could say are even less creative in the fact that they're simply REMAKING an old movie/making a sequel/basing a movie off a book or video game, etc. :P

Actually, I really wouldn't be able to notice much of the similarities to Pochahontas if I didn't hear about them from critiques and such. I felt like I was watching a different movie than that. ^_^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!