View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Cupidx (Offline)
Sending love your way <3
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default ~Cupid's Valentine Exchange~ - 01-31-2010, 07:57 PM

I see that the month of Love has arrived again, along with plenty of new faces! For those who do not know, I am Cupid and I am making a special visit here to host the first annual Valentine Exchange event!

What is the Valentine Exchange event?

This event was born from the Secret Santa concept which started Christmas of '08 to help bring the forums together as a community. It went very well with only a few drop outs, so it is being introduced for the month of February to bring some Love and happiness into all of our Valentines day!

Basically, you sign up in this thread and I will assign you a person to make a personal Valentine for once sign ups are done. It can be anything--a doll, pixel art, drawings, graphics... You decide, but you must keep in mind that this is about giving and it should be something the other person will appreciate and enjoy.

How does the event work?

There are some steps to the process, so make sure you pay attention! Please only sign up if you are certain you have the time for this event.

1. Sign up for the event in this thread. Basically, post! In that post you should indicate that you want to participate and include a small list(3-4 items) of things you like. Examples would be "the colour gold", "Lady GaGa", "50s fashion", etc. This list should be reasonable for all users! Also, if you are interested, you can volunteer to be a Cherub (Cupids Helpers) as well in the event someone backs out.

2. Once sign ups close, you will be assigned a person to make a gift for. It is recommended that you look at their list of things here so you can make a nice personal gift, although genric Valentines are acceptable as well. To emphaszie, please do not make Valentines before you are assigned! Some people did this in the SS events and it really loses its personal touch if you do.

3. Once you are done, send your Valentine to me through PM! If you don't know how to do this, ask any of the staff members and they will be happy to point you to threads about it or even explain it personally. Also, please make sure your Valentine is hosted on a reliable image host. This would be like photobucket or imageshack. I do not save the Valentines, so if yours goes missing(is deleted, moved, etc), you may have to remake it or one of our special Cherubs may have to step in.

4. Once I get all of the Valentines, I send them out! Everyone can then gush here about their Valentines and try to guess who was their Secret Valentine. You don't have to tell who you had if you don't want to though.

What happens if I need to back out? Can I help if other people can't make their Valentines?

There is a special group of people who will step in to make sure your assigned person still gets a gift. Anyone can sign up to be a "Cherub" when they sign up for the event, though hopefully we will not have to do this.

Important Dates!

January 31st-Valentine Exchange begins; Sign ups can start!

February 6th-Sign ups to participate end! Special exceptions may be made within reason, so contact me in PM if you fall outside this date.

February 7th-Assignments are handed out; Valentine making begins!

February 12th-All gifts are due!

February 13th-Cherubs are asked to step in to make Valentines. There is a 24hr or less time limit, so be sure to be online this day and have time to make Valentines if you want to be a Cherub!

February 14th-Valentines are sent out and gushing begins.

List of Participants

Here is our list of thoughtful girls and boys who have decided to participate!

Singergirl509
Aussiemum777
jmj23435
teamjacobrulestheschool
Xx_Pixie_Dust_Dispenser_xX
Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX
prin367cess
LancasterPrincess
Miranda_
tinker_bell_96
spirit_queen
Heva_Banana_Mad
antimaie
This_is_for_you_22
Xx_isolated_heart_xX
belladoggy
Andjelija
Catlover642
jordanashley
KiraIMustBeInvisible
TheHayleyDoll
ColorPencil
Silver_Wolf_Kitty
Cheshire1996
TinkerBell1995

Names is red are people who have signed up to be Cherubs as well.
Boldened names have turned in their gifts.

Last edited by Cupidx : 02-13-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!