View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM

Agreed. If it's your time to go, then it's your time. If you're taken off the machine and live, then it isn't your time. If it's in God's plan for you to die, why would you try and resist? Doesn't that go against Christian beliefs as well?

Again, this isn't just "Oh, you have the flu, time to die!" or something, it's if you have a serious illness which you can't recover from. If you had cancer and knew you weren't going to live, but had to go through many rounds of chemotherapy, wouldn't you rather just die? I know I would, chemo is a painful thing. Another example is Alzheimers. Would you rather die being unable to remember your family or die knowing your family? My great grandma doesn't even recognize my grandma (her daughter) half the time. I think that would be an incredibly hard way to live, and I'm sure God would understand.

As for living on machines... to each's own. My father wants to be kept on machines and do anything to get him back even if there's only a very small chance, but my mother wants the plug pulled and she wants God to decide whether it's her time or not - she wants to live her life, and being hooked up to a machine is not really living.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!