(#1 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default Just Can't Relax - 01-28-2010, 02:46 PM

So I've had this issue all sorts of ways. It first started with my legs, in paticular, only my left leg. I would get into bed, and no matter what I did, no matter how I positioned myself, my left leg would not stop being uncomfortable. As a last resort I would toss it over the side of the bed which would make my leg 'fall asleep'. Luckily, my leg isn't the issue anymore because that really was never pleasant.

It then traveled to my neck. No matter what, my neck would not get comfortable. The only way to appease it would be to take my pillow and roll it under my neck. Not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it was enough to let me go to sleep.

Now even rolling my pillow just won't work. Add to that my shoulders have started to act up. My neck is comfortable when I lay on my sides, but my shoulders will have no part in that, they only want me laying on my back with the pillow rolled under my neck.

I've recently started listening to a hypnosis type thing, and it starts off by relaxing the body. The thing works for every part of my body except for my neck and sometimes my shoulders. The good news is I've figured out my issue: My muscles in those areas aren't releasing their tension at night.

I've spoken to my husband about this issue to ask him if there were any medications I could take that would help (he's a certified pharmacy technician) and he said I should probably go to the doctor asking about muscle relaxants.

My questions to you all is:

Does anyone take muscle relaxants? What are the effects of the medication? What exactly does it do? How often do you take them, what do you take them for?

OR

Does anyone else have these issues? And if so, what do you do?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!