View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-23-2010, 01:11 PM

It is an improvement from your last one, I agree - even though your first one was much better than my first. xD

I have a couple tips that might help you. ^_^

*Shade the skin darker under the hairline and anywhere else where clothing meets the skin. This gives more DEPTH to the doll, making it look more real and almost 3-d and less like a how a paper doll would look. =D This isn't necessary for those starting out, but it's something that really improves the doll and only takes a couple seconds.

*Some of the folds are a little weird looking. The ones at the bottom look pretty good, but the midsection ones look like they aren't loose enough. Loose folds are more diagonal (/) and less horizontal (-). The angle of the folds influences the shading, so tight clothes would have horizontal folds, and baggier/looser clothes have diagonal folds (or vertical, when talking about the bottom of a dress).

*There are still some unsmoothness going on with the outlines:

See how the first curve and line are much some "smooth" looking? Try to work towards that. ^_^

*** The greatest tip of all, edit, edit, and EDIT some more! If something doesn't look right, try and fix it. Then, if it still doesn't look right, fix it again! :P Editing is the most crucial part of doll making. It's like editing an essay - a little editing can pull you from a B to an A, no problem! =D
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!